But there’s no point in wasting energy dwelling on the negatives, the main thing is that 2015 was finally the year when Talk of the Toun (TOTT) made the leap from my laptop to readers’ book shelves!
There were many ‘pinch myself’ moments but I’ve narrowed them down to my top 10 (in no particular order)…
- Being surrounded by family and friends sharing my excitement at the launch events
- Having TOTT featured in national and local newspapers
- Seeing my book on the shelf and window of my local branch of Waterstones
- Hearing that there was a waiting list to borrow my book at Falkirk library
- Being invited as a local author to take part in library events for Book Week Scotland
- Getting 5 star reviews from readers
- Answering Q&As and writing guest posts for the blog tour
- Being selected as one of Naomi Frisby’s ‘books of the year‘
- Having acclaimed writer Jenni Fagan asking to buy a signed copy
- Sharing a stage with one of my literary idols – Janice Galloway
I’m sure the buzz will settle down in 2016 but I’ve already got two events in the diary – one east and one west (more details here) to keep the momentum going and I’d love to see my diary with more opportunities to take Bimbo the poodle out and about and meet readers. I’ve also got some exciting ideas to revisit my previous novel, Buy Buy Baby, so it’s a case of watch this space for developments and see if next year shapes up to be as amazing as 2015…
What were your 2015 highlights? Do you have any new projects planned for 2016?